Friday, March 4, 2011

Friends

Sundowning is a sometimes ferocious beast that can have moments of quiet in the midst of the confusion and fear. Its those moments I'm thankful for Snow, Machi, and Cookie. These men were Pa's best friends and the foursome had some adventures in their day. Unsurprisingly, it is these men that I consider his angels. For in the confusion and anxiety that is sundowning, Pa will often tell me that one or more is with him. I will sometimes arrive at Bluepoint to visit and he will be talking to, in my mind, no one. Yet, when I ask him he's talking fishing with Machi or Snow or Cookie. If its not fishing, they are reliving some other adventure and the details are vague when he tells me.

So to the unseen angels, thank you. And to those who dont believe me, you can argue with those four in heaven someday

No comments:

Post a Comment