Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"Looka"

One of my favorite Pa-words is "looka." (Look + ah). It usually means "look at this" or "look at me" and it drives grandma nuts. I can remember her telling him, "its look, not looka." I'm not sure how its spelled but I am sure he uses it at times just to make her nuts and make me giggle. It's a little like how he said Home Depot. Most of us pronouce it  home d-poh but he always said deh-poh (okay its hard to explain it in words but I hope that makes sense). I'm fairly certain he is capapble of saying it correctly but it wasnt his habit and ya know, it makes grandma nuts.


Any other good Pa words out there?

2 comments:

  1. how about "home deee pot" ? for the same reason :)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked anonymous on the select profile thing and then preview and it posted comment.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete